Forget What You Know


The Torus Tube as a geometric - mathematical model of the universe.

Here is an interesting article, I found on reddit, on the topic of how models in scientific advancement are becoming obsolete as the amount of information available increases. The article also takes a look at Google and how they're transforming information as we know it (still). Keep in mind this is an opinion based article.

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/16-07/pb_theory

I'm not too sure how I feel about this as I'm surrounded by models all the time with software. This is where I go off topic from the article: I feel that a general majority of people are too quick to settle on searching for a previously defined "model" to achieve what they're seeking rather than striving for advancement to create their own "model". Yes, there are times when a previously defined "model" fits what you need to achieve your goal, even if small modifications are necessary.

0 comments: